Social Worker Community Supports
- Provide short to medium term case work support to vulnerable clients
- Full time, fixed contract until June 2022.
- Generous Salary sacrifice
Would you like to play a pivotal role in servicing the Banyule community - particularly those most in need?
Banyule Community Health is seeking to employ a Social Worker to work as part the Community Supports Team.
Clients will be facing complex or multiple barriers to accessing services and support and may require short to medium term social supports including advocacy and service system navigation. This role works closely with internal and external services. We are seeking an experienced Social Worker with demonstrated experience working with clients from diverse backgrounds and circumstances with complex social issues using a strengths-based, person-centred approach.
This is a full-time, fixed term contract. The position is based in West Heidelberg and can include some flexible remote work.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Engage and assess the social and psychological needs, strengths and stressors of clients, particularly clients identified as at risk or vulnerable.
- Respond to presenting health and welfare issues for clients and provide a planned approach to provision of support and short to medium term interventions.
- Support vulnerable or at-risk clients to navigate health and welfare systems using a strength-based approach to build and retain independence and empowerment.
- Work in partnership with other Banyule Community Health services, in particular the Social Worker Emergency Relief and Community Health Nurses, to provide wrap around support to clients with complex health and social issues.
The key skills required for this role include:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering person centred care approaches to vulnerable clients and families, providing short to medium term interventions.
- Commitment to human rights and empathic responses to clients experiencing hardship
- Experience and capacity to lead and work in diverse communities with complex and/or challenging issues.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advocate for vulnerable clients
- An ability to carry out intervention at an individual, group or community level.
Banyule Community Health has two main sites, one in the heart of West Heidelberg and the other near the train station of Greensborough. The Community Programs Team aim to reduce health and social inequity by building the capacity of individuals and the community in the settings in which they work, live and play. Driven by principles of person centred care, self-management and community engagement, the team provides a range of programs across different population groups. In the recent staff survey 82% staff said that Banyule Community Health was a truly great place to work.
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
We are now subject to the Victorian Public Health Order requiring all workers to be fully vaccinated before 1st November 2021
Enquiries can be made to Rebecca Millard 9450 2621 or 0429 512 202
Please address key selection criteria in your cover letter and provide a copy of your resume