Project Officer - Quality
Heidelberg West location
- Part-time project with flexibility (equivalent of 4 days/week for 6 months)
- Great opportunity to build on your quality skills in a complex primary health care setting
- Flexible hours with generous salary packaging
Following a time of significant sector and organisational change, Banyule Community Health is seeking an experienced Project Officer to undertake a series of quality projects to ensure BCH is compliant with relevant legislative compliance obligations, organisational risks and current programmatic requirements in a number of key areas including Family Violence, Health records, Infection Control and electronic transfer of client information.
This project role sits within the Quality Team at BCH. The Quality Team works across BCH to lead systems and processes on strategic development, risk management, clinical governance, quality assurance, accreditation, research and evaluation and communications. This work ensures BCH meets its requirements to key stakeholders, most importantly funders, the Board and the community.
We are seeking a professional with experience in project planning and implementation and an interest and passion for quality improvement and best practice. This is a part-time, 6-month project role based in West Heidelberg. When submitting applications, ensure your cover letter addresses the key selection criteria (please refer to position description).
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Undertake a gap analysis of BCH against MARAM framework, Family Violence Information Sharing requirements, develop and implement an action plan to ensure BCH is compliant with the legislation
- Work with other the Quality Officers to support change processes across the organisation
- Support preparation for multiple accreditation reviews
- Work with Human Resources to develop e-learning labs on key policy areas and support relevant training requirements and training options as part of the organisational wide change process for related projects
The key skills required for this role include:
- Ability to understand and interpret a number of Best Practice Standards, relevant legislation and consider how to apply these in the primary health care setting
- Ability to undertake gap analysis, develop an action plan and implement the action plan across a multidisciplinary organisation
- Highly developed writing skills with the organisational capacity to multiple tasks at once
- Highly developed project skills including, organisational skills, time management and with the capacity to manage concurrent tasks
- Knowledge of recent legislative changes in child-safe, family violence and/or my health record an advantage
Banyule Community Health has two main sites, one in the heart of West Heidelberg and the other near the train station of Greensborough. The Quality Team deliver objectives in the following key areas: Risk management, clinical governance, quality assurance, accreditation, research and evaluation, development and communications. This team ensures the agency meets all requirements in the specialist areas to meet the industrial, legislative, governance and compliance needs of the agency and in the provision of services, including feeding back to the community
For enquiries, call Alison Elliott 9450 2022 or 0429 239 443.
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Please address the key selection criteria in your cover letter.