Youth Facilitator - Youth Foundations 3081 and Parkville College
- Part Time (3 days/per week)
Banyule Community Health is seeking to employ a Youth Community Development Worker (or equivalent) for its Youth Foundations Program, delivering community strengthening projects, supporting young people to build connection, participation, contribution and leadership in their local communities.
We require a committed, dynamic and energetic person to engage and work with young people who are connected to West Heidelberg and/ or who attend Parkville College, a specialist Victorian Government School that provides education to students who are, or have been, detained in custody.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Supporting young people to develop, deliver and participate in community strengthening projects
- Identifying young leaders and connecting them with opportunities which impact positively on themselves and their community
- Ensuring at least 15 - 20 youth-led projects or events are delivered each year
- Managing 15 - 20 small grant applications per year
- Promoting the program's achievements, including co-ordinating at least one celebration event per year
- Building a program of positive experiences, positive relationships and positive environments through which young people can reach their full potential
You will need to demonstrate experience and high level of competence in:
- Working with disadvantaged young people within youth-participation and community development frameworks
- Leading work with and management of key stakeholders, networks and other disciplines
- Group facilitation skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills, organisational skills and time management skills, including the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Managing multiple tasks and delivering and acquitting projects and events on time and in budget
- Strong self-directive work practice whilst working as part of the bigger BCH team
We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and culture, built on our core values of Respect, Excellence, Courage and Dignity. We promote employee health and well-being, offer flexible work conditions, generous salary packaging, career and professional training and development opportunities.
For enquiries, call Lis Blake, Health Promotion Team Leader on 9450 2620
Banyule Community Health are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Key selection criteria must be addressed in your cover letter