Lived Experience Capacity Building Project Leader
West Heidelberg and Greensborough locations
- Part Time position (0.6/0.8)- until 30/6/21
- Clinical Supervision and professional development opportunities
- Supportive team oriented environment
- Generous Salary Packaging
Banyule Community Health is looking to recruit a highly motivated person with lived experience of mental health and/or substance issues, to our BCH community. This is a great opportunity to work in a professional and supportive team based environment alongside other experienced and passionate staff in the Wellbeing and Support Program. The position is part time, working from both our West Heidelberg and Greensborough sites.
Your motivation, interpersonal skills, and prior experience will see you excel in this role as you:
- Work to build the profile of peer based support so that it is better understood, valued and recognised in the sector
- Implement quality improvement activities which drive sustainability of the peer workforce
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with key stakeholders from a wide range of organisations towards shared lived experience strategies.
What you will need:
- Prior experience as a Peer Support Worker in Mental Health/AoD
- Extensive knowledge of local peer networks and other lived experience capacity building initiatives locally and nationally (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, organisational skills and time management skills.
We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and culture, built on our core values of Respect, Excellence, Courage and Dignity. Our Wellbeing and Support team members are passionate about what we do and we make a significant difference to our clients' health and well-being.
For enquiries, call Lara Jackson on 9450 2014
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Please address key selection criteria in your cover letter