West Heidelberg location
- Permanent Part time 3 days per week
- Supportive team environment
- Generous Salary Packaging
Banyule Community Health is seeking to employ an experienced, enthusiastic and highly skilled part time Social Worker to work as part of a multidisplinary team supporting vulnerable clients with short term case management and crisis response .
The Social Worker plays a pivotal role in servicing the Banyule community, particularly those most in need. The role has a person centred approach in dealing with a diverse range of clients who seek support, referral, emergency and crisis support, as well as providing short term case work to support and empower clients. The role is part of a multi disciplinary team and works closely with internal and external services to provide wrap around services when required.
Your motivation, interpersonal skills, and expertise as a Social Worker will see you excel in this role as you:
- Engage, triage and assess clients identified as at risk or vulnerable
- Respond to presenting health and welfare issues for clients and provide appropriate emergency and crisis support, and short term case work interventions
- Support vulnerable or at risk clients to navigate health and welfare systems to advocate and support their independence and empowerment.
- Work in partnership with other BCH services to provide wrap around support to clients with complex health and social issues
What you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering person centred care approaches to emergency and crisis support, as well as providing short term case work to vulnerable clients
- Experience and capacity to work in communities with diverse and challenging issues, providing an empathic response to those experiencing hardship
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advocate for vulnerable clients
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or other related disciplines
We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and culture, built on our core values of Respect, Excellence, Courage and Dignity. Our Team are passionate about what we do and make a significant difference to our clients' health and well-being.
For enquiries, call Rebecca Millard on 9450 2621 or Alison Elliott on 9450 2022
Please address key selection criteria in your cover letter
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.