Social Worker - Aboriginal Health Team
- Full time fixed contract for 12 months (with possibility of extension)
- Supportive team environment
- Generous Salary Packaging and Career and Professional training and development opportunities
Banyule Community Health is seeking to employ an enthusiastic and highly skilled Social Worker. The Social Worker provides direct case management and social work, using a person centred approach to provide support to Aboriginal clients who receive Care Coordination and/or Counselling support through the Banyule Community Health Aboriginal Health Team. This role forms part of a multi disciplinary team approach and works closely with internal and Aboriginal Controlled Organisations and other service providers to improve the health outcomes for our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people strongly encouraged to apply.
Your motivation, interpersonal skills, and expertise as a Social Worker will see you excel in this role as you:
- Deliver casework services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community to support the achievements of the Aboriginal Health Team Counsellor and Care Coordinators (Chronic and Complex Care) including the completion of all relevant case notes and reporting requirements
- Ensure services are delivered in a culturally sensitive manner and along with members of the Aboriginal Health Team contribute to building the organisations cultural safety
- Support vulnerable or at risk clients to navigate health and welfare systems to support their independence and empoerment
- Work alongside Banyule Community Health Aboriginal Health staff and Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations to deliver culturally safe and appropriate services and support clients to overcome barriers to accessing appropriate services
What you will need:
- Deep understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and their experiences of health systems
- Developed skills in planning, navigating, case management and advocating for clients who are managing complex and chronic health and social circumstances
- Ability to write reports, correspondence using clear and concise language and a demonstrated ability to complete case notes and meet key deliverables associated with the role
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or other relevant field and substantial relevant work experience
- At least five years experience working with Aboriginal people, families and their communities
We pride ourselves on our supportive attitude and culture, built on our core values of Respect, Excellence, Courage and Dignity. Our Community Program Team are passionate about what we do and we make a significant difference to our clients' health and well-being.
For enquiries, call Rebecca Millard on 9450 2621 or Alison Elliott on 9450 2022
Please address key selection criteria in your cover letter
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.