Social Worker - Community Support
- Provide case work support to vulnerable clients
- Part time equivalent 3 days per week, ongoing
- Generous Salary sacrifice
Banyule Community Health is seeking to employ an experienced Generalist Social Worker to work as part of a multidisciplinary team supporting vulnerable clients with short term case management and crisis response.
The Social Worker plays a pivotal role in servicing the Banyule community, particularly those most in need. The role has a person centred approach in dealing with a diverse range of clients who seek support, referral, emergency and crisis support, as well as providing short term case work to support and empower clients. The role is part of a multi disciplinary team and works closely with internal and external services to provide wrap around services when required.
We are seeking an experienced Social Worker and sound working knowledge of complex clients and person centred care approaches. This is a part term, ongoing position based in West Heidelberg.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Engage, triage and assess clients identified as at risk or vulnerable.
- Respond to presenting health and welfare issues for clients and provide appropriate emergency and crisis support, and short term case work interventions.
- Support vulnerable or at risk clients to navigate health and welfare systems to support their independence and empowerment.
- Work in partnership with other BCH services to provide wrap around support to clients with complex health and social issues.
The key skills required for this role include:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering person centred care approaches to emergency and crisis support, as well as providing short term case work to vulnerable clients
- Experience and capacity to work in communities with diverse and challenging issues, providing an empathic response to those experiencing hardship.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advocate for vulnerable clients
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or other related disciplines.
Banyule Community Health has two main sites, one in the heart of West Heidelberg and the other near the train station of Greensborough. The Community Programs aim to reduce health and social inequity by building the capacity of individuals and the community in the settings in which they work, live and play. Driven by principles of person centred care, self-management and community engagement, the team provides a range of programs across different population groups.
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Enquiries can be made to Alison Elliott 9450 2022 or 0429 239 443.
To apply for this job, go to http://bchs.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications close at 5pm on 15th October 2018