- Full Time or Part time
- West Heidelberg location
- Immediate Start
- Generous Salary Packaging
- Professional development opportunities
Banyule Community Health is seeking to employ a Full Time or Part Time VR GP who enjoys working in a Community Health environment. The General Practice team provides a range of services e.g. preventative healthcare, chronic disease management, women's & men's health, older person's health, counselling & methadone prescribing, minor surgery, skin checks, nutritional medicine, child & adult immunization etc. Our Practice team has excellent knowledge within the community and is committed to providing accessible and comprehensive person centred health care to individuals and families in our community to help them improve their health and well-being. The hours are flexible Mon to Fri 8am to 6pm in West Heidelberg.
Banyule Community Health (BCH) is located in the heart of the Olympic Village, 18 km north of the CBD. BCH was awarded Primary Health Service of the Year (2014), General Practice of the Year (2014). It offers a wide range of services to the community targeting those most in need.
Currently the Practice has 6 GPs, Paediatrician, Psych Registrar, AOD Registrar, practice nurses, allied health staff, experienced admin staff, Austin Outreach Hep C clinic and Dorevitch pathology. We are a purpose built, well established, bulk billing, accredited, computerised, teaching practice with well equipped consulting rooms and treatment room.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Respond to medical/health problems presented by patients including history taking,diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate
- Provide high quality, primary health care services to the community, in keeping with best practice standards
- Provide general health and lifestyle advice to prevent illness and/or speed recovery
The key skills required for this role include:
- Current General registration as a Medical Practitioner with AHPRA
- Applied knowledge, skills and experience in general practice as appropriate for the position
- Satisfactory participation in quality improvement and continuing professional development to the standards of the RACGP Quality Assurance and Continuing Professional Development (QA & CPD) Program
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Enquiries can be made to Rose Deleo - Practice Manager on 9450 2046.