AOD Counsellor MSRS
- 4 days per week
- Generous salary packaging
- West Heidelberg & Epping location
The Banyule Community Health Wellbeing and Support Team seek to recruit a passionate and suitably qualified AOD clinician to join our Medication Support and Recovery Service (MSRS) in a part time capacity (0.8 EFT) as an MSRS Counsellor. MSRS is an addiction treatment service which specialises in helping people who have problems with their use of prescription or over-the-counter medications and the position is fixed term until June 2019. The MSRS Counsellor will work closely with the MSRS Nurse and GP clinic at BCH and within the broader Alcohol and Drug team and alongside Peer Support, Gamblers Help, and Mental Health programs. Enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Mandy Ferres on 0427 404 330.
Banyule Community Health has two main sites, one in the heart of West Heidelberg and the other near the train station of Greensborough. The service offers a wide range of services to the community targeting those most in need. BCH was awarded Primary Health Service of the Year (2014) and General Practice of the Year (2014). Banyule Community Health offers a range of Wellbeing and Support programs including; Gamblers Help, Alcohol and Drug/Dual Diagnosis services, Peer Support and Mental Health programs and are co-located at numerous agencies across the North Eastern and North Western suburbs.
The key responsibilities for this position includes:
- Conducting comprehensive assessments and providing therapeutic counselling for individuals and families affected by pharmaceutical misuse, using evidence-based treatments and a dual diagnosis framework
- Supporting clients to reduce the risk of overdose and other harms relating to pharmaceutical misuse
- Facilitating referrals into the program via clinical intake and referral pathways with external agencies
The key skills required for this role includes:
- Demonstrated skills in the provision of therapeutic counselling using evidence-based approaches, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), motivational interviewing and mindfulness based therapies and brief intervention and relapse prevention approaches
- Ability to provide secondary consultation, advice and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders where required
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
What we offer:
Banyule Community Health promotes employee health and well being, offers flexible work conditions, generous salary packaging, career and professional training and development opportunities. Clinical staff receive regular clinical supervision and support. Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Note: Shortlisted applicants must be available for interview on 2nd August 2018.