Quality Officer - Risk and Clinical Governance
- Full-time, 12 month position
- Flexible hours with generous salary packaging
- Great opportunity to build on your quality skills in a complex primary health care setting
An experienced Quality Officer is sought for a key position within the Quality Team at Banyule Community Health. The Quality Team works across the whole organisation, driving, coordinating and leading continuous quality improvements based on relevant legislation and accreditation standards. This role will facilitate risk management and clinical governance functions across the agency working closely with the General Management Team. We are seeking a professional with an ability to understand and interpret standards, experience in tracking risk and compliance and an interest and passion in improving culture and learning. This is a full time 12 month role based in West Heidelberg, supporting ongoing quality improvement while the organisation undertakes accreditation and a full review of the organisations quality functions. When submitting applications, ensure your cover letter addresses the key selection criteria (please refer to position description).
Banyule Community Health has two main sites, one in the heart of West Heidelberg and the other near the train station of Greensborough. The Quality Team deliver objectives in the following key areas: Risk management, clinical governance, quality assurance, accreditation, research and evaluation, development and communications. This team ensures the agency meets all requirements in the specialist areas to meet the industrial, legislative, governance and compliance needs of the agency and in the provision of services, including feeding back to the community.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordinating management of organisational risk and legislative compliance
- Support the agency through a review of the clinical governance system
- Support the agency to engage in continuous improvement
- Undertake key quality improvement projects as required
The key skills required for this role include:
- Track record in risk management, understanding of clinical risk in a primary care setting
- Understanding and interpretation of relevant healthcare standards
- Familiarity with legislative compliance frameworks desirable
- Analytical skills
- Highly organised time management and communication skills
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Enquiries can be made Alison Elliott 9450 2022 or 0423 239 443.