Professional Supervisor - Financial Counsellor
- Casual until 30th June 2019
- Work with a dynamic and dedicated Financial Counselling team who are determined to make a difference
- Generous salary packaging
Banyule Community Health (BCH) seeks to employ a Professional Supervisor - Financial Counsellor, who will support and guide our BCH Financial Counsellors that allows the cycle of experience, reflection, analysis and action to occur in a respectful, dynamic and confidential way. The Professional Supervisor will support the Financial Counsellors to deliver best practice service delivery in financial counselling casework practice. Professional supervision will be provided in individual and/or group formats in a supportive environment. The supervisor will provide opportunities to address ethical, professional and best practice standards and promote appropriate, respectful and effective client care.
Banyule Community Health (BCH) has two main sites, one in the heart of West Heidelberg and the other near the train station of Greensborough. The service offers a wide range of services to the community targeting those most in need. BCH was awarded Primary Health Service of the Year (2014) and General Practice of the Year (2014). BCH offers a range of Community Programs and Wellbeing and Support services with the aim of reducing health and social inequity driven by principles of person centred care, self-management and community engagement.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Support the Supervisee so best practice service delivery is applied in the delivery of financial counselling casework practice
- Extend the Financial Counsellor'sknowledge, skill set and awareness
- Support Financial Counsellors to debrief and develop in their role
- Promote quality service delivery and professionalism
The key skills required for this role include:
- The Supervisor must be accredited by FCRC and meet eligibility requirements for accreditation as a Professional Supervisor - Financial Counselling
- Ability to provide a motivating and positive, solution focused approach
- Ability to provide a focus on the wellbeing of the supervisee in a supportive environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to provide timely and constructive feedback to enhance professional learning goals of the supervisee and manage group dynamics to facilitate the contribution and constructive outcomes for all participants
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Enquiries regarding this role can be made to Emel Akcay, Team Leader - Gamblers Help on 9450-2081.