Social Support Group Worker
- West Heidelberg
- Working with the Somali Community
- Casual (6.5 hours per week)
- Generous Salary Packaging
Banyule Community Health is seeking to employ an energetic, creative and positive person to be a Social Support Group Worker . This role meets and works with our Somali planned activity groups, providing coordination and assistance. The Somali Men's Group meets Wednesday from 9am to 4.00pm at our West Heidelberg site.
Banyule Community Health has two main sites, one in the heart of West Heidelberg and the other near the train station of Greensborough. The Allied Health Team provides a range of services,( ie Podiatry, Occupational Therapy , social support) on an individual and group basis that are intended to maximize independence and support people to reach their goals, improve their health, wellbeing and quality of life.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Coordination and assistance to the Somali Men's Group at BCH
- Promote the groups and introduce and orientate new participants
The key skills required for this role include:
- Bilingual in Somali and English language
- Experience in group work facilitation and skills in recreational activities
- Experience in working with the aged and disabled
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.
Enquiries regarding this role can be made to Jason Balfoort on 9450 2024.