Counselling - Clinical Supervisors
- Two positions available - 1 day per week until 30th June 2019
- Work with a dynamic and dedicated multidisciplinary team who are determined to make a difference
- Generous salary packaging
Banyule Community Health Wellbeing and Support Team seeks to employ two clinical supervisors who will work locally and with our partners to guide and support psychologists, counsellors and social workers delivering counselling in mental health, drug and alcohol and gambling programs. Clinical supervision will be provided in individual and group format in a supportive environment which encourages reflective practice and improvement of therapeutic skills. The supervisor will provide opportunities to address ethical, professional and best practice standards and promote appropriate, respectful and effective client care utilising client centered and recovery frameworks within a social model of health. Enquiries regarding the role can be made to Rachel Avery on 03 9450 2000.
Banyule Community Health has two main sites, one in the heart of West Heidelberg and the other near the train station of Greensborough. The service offers a wide range of services to the community targeting those most in need. BCH was awarded Primary Health Service of the Year (2014) and General Practice of the Year (2014). BCH offers a range of Wellbeing and Support services including; Gambler's Help services, Mental Health Programs, Alcohol and Drug/ Dual Diagnosis Counselling, Care Coordination, Peer Support and Nursing as well as telephone, volunteer and group programs.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with supervisors to identify learning needs and develop and facilitate the application of new knowledge and skills into practice within a safe and supportive environment
- Actively support and guide counselling staff to develop and maintain practices that are of a high quality and that are tailored to meet the needs of marginalised and at-risk populations
- Ensure compliance with relevant policy and procedure, compliance and clinical governance requirements at all times
The key skills required for this role include:
- Comprehensive training in clinical supervision, demonstrated experience in provision of clinical supervision to counselors and ongoing professional education in supervisory role
- Ability to facilitate critical reflection on practice that encourages analysis of values and ethics, power and inter-personal dynamics, structural factors, theoretical understandings, alternative perspectives, professional knowledge and current research findings
- Ability to manage group dynamics to facilitate the contribution and constructive outcomes for all participants
What we offer
Banyule Community Health promotes employee health and well being, offers flexible work conditions, generous salary packaging, career and professional training and development opportunities. Clinical staff receive regular clinical supervision and support.
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.