- Full Time
- Part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary counselling team
- Predominantly based at West Heidelberg & Greensborough sites
Banyule Community Health seeks to employ a counsellor to join the Wellbeing and Support Team to provide counseling services to individuals, couples, families and groups requiring mental health support. This position is based at West Heidelberg & Greensborough and will report to the Team Leader of Counselling Services. For more information contact: Rachel Avery: Team Leader, Counselling Services on 9450 2000 or email Rachel.email@example.com
Banyule Community Health offers a range of Wellbeing and Support services including; Gambler's Help services, Mental Health Programs, Alcohol and Drug/ Dual Diagnosis Counselling, Care Coordination, Peer Support and Nursing as well as telephone, volunteer and group programs. Services are co-located at numerous agencies across the North Eastern and North Western suburbs. Driven by principles of person centred care, self-management and community engagement, our services are committed to working with clients towards their goals in a flexible and holistic manner. Services are available for individuals, couples, children and families affected by gambling, problematic AoD use, mental health issues, family violence and other issues. BCH services are underpinned by social and public models of health, the recovery principles and are inclusive of carers and loved ones. Together, Wellbeing and Support team members deliver dynamic and diverse services with demonstrable outcomes for marginalised and at-risk populations.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- To provide face to face individual, couples and family assessment and counseling, utilizing a variety of intervention methods and therapeutic frameworks
- In consultation with the client, develop appropriate goals, plans, strategies and support structures
- To liaise with other services within BCHS and the regional network to develop appropriate care coordination and referral pathways
The key skills required for this role include:
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in the provision of client centered work throughout the age span and with a wide range of low and high prevalence disorders
- Knowledge of time limited therapy practices for clients presenting with mental health issues
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage client loads, client records and collection of statistical data requirements
- Highly developed interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary team
What we offer
Banyule Community Health promotes employee health and well being, offers flexible work conditions, generous salary packaging, career and professional training and development opportunities. Clinical staff receive regular clinical supervision and support.
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.