Project Manager - Healthy Communities (Ageing)
Key features / benefits of the position:
- Salary packaging available
- Part time 3 days per week
- Contract to June 2019 with possibility of extension
- West Heidelberg location
An exciting opportunity has arisen at North East Healthy Communities to support partner organisations to collaborate on initiatives aimed at promoting healthy ageing. The Project Manager - Healthy Communities (Ageing) leads a community development approach to promoting healthy ageing across the north east catchment. We are seeking a professional to build a collaborative of supporting partners to improve the experience of ageing for our local community.
Banyule Community Health is the auspice organisation for North East Healthy Communities and as such employs our staff.
North East Healthy Communities is the Primary Care Partnership that represents the local government areas of Banyule, Darebin and Nillumbik. The members of North East Healthy Communities represent a broad range of health and human agencies from the local community committed to reducing preventable illness and harm.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Facilitate and coordinate collaborative activity to improve the community's experience of ageing the north east catchment
- Develop and maintain strong, effective relationships with new and existing partners
- Coordinate and support the development, implementation and evaluation of a catchment-wide plan that promotes healthy ageing
The key skills required for this role include:
- Experience in working with communities to create solutions to local issues
- Demonstrated success in using community development principles to develop partnerships in a community or health services environment
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing and evaluating social justice or public health initiatives to achieve improved population health outcomes
Enquiries can be made to Petra Begnell, Executive Officer, North East Healthy Communities on (03) 9450 2614 or 0408 359 079.
In your cover letter, please outline how your knowledge, skills and experience match the key selection criteria for this role.
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates.