Project Manager - Behavioural Insight/Emergency Department Diversion Project
- Part Time - 2 days per week - contracted to December 2018
- West Heidelberg location
- Flexible work conditions
- Generous Salary Packaging
Banyule Community Health seeks to employ a Project Manager for an innovative behavioural insight project for emergency department diversion.
Banyule Community Health (BCH) is a Primary Health Service that provides a wide range of services to the community targeting those most in need. It has two main sites, one in the heart of West Heidelberg and the other near the train station of Greensborough. BCH was awarded Primary Health Service of the Year (2014) and General Practice of the Year (2014).
The project has been funded by the Public Sector Innovation Fund - Department of Premier and Cabinet. This is a collaborative partnership project between BCH - Project Lead, Austin Health, Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network , the Department of Premier & Cabinet and the Department of Health and Human Services. This partnership will feed into the work of the broader Better Health North East Melbourne Collaborative which is focused on primary health care system collaboration, to improve health outcomes for people in Melbourne's North Eastern suburbs, including Banyule, Darebin, Nillumbik and the Whittlesea growth corridor.
The purpose of the project is to seek to gain insight into why community members are electing to be treated in Emergency Departments for conditions that could be more accessible and less costly in community based health services. This project will develop and trial behavioural interventions with the aim of directing consumers with ambulatory care sensitive conditions to better suited primary health care services.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Supporting stakeholder engagement, supporting the Steering Committee, leading and managing the implementation of the project and project staff
- Regular monitoring and reporting of the Project's progress to its Steering Committee and to key Stakeholders on the Better Health North East Melbourne Collaborative Committee
- In consultation with project partners develop an evaluation framework and determine the measures upon which the project will be evaluated
- Prepare final report to Steering Committee summarizing findings of the research and recommendations
The key skills required for this role include
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience within a primary or acute healthcare setting in a project management , leadership or senior clinical role, with a proven history of high performance
- Demonstrated ability to engage and work collaboratively with a large number of stakeholders at a senior level
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates
Enquiries regarding this position can be made to Meni Stefanovski - Executive Manager Clinical Services on 9450-2013 or 0413 018 996